Our 2017 MARATHON & HALF MARATHON Training Team Program have started – Click HERE to Register.
Sponsored by Lucky Road Running Store at Willow Lawn
HALF MARATHON, 2 Programs: 1) 16 week Plus Program kicks off, Saturday, June 3, 2017 (aligns to Patrick Henry race in August); and, 2) 16 week* Program kicks off on July 22 that aligns to the Richmond Half.
FULL MARATHON, 23 week* Program kicks off, Saturday, June 3, 2017. Registration open through August 31, 2017
*note – the training plans align to the Richmond marathon on November 11, 2017, but the plan can be adjusted to fit any full or half marathon in September – December time period (may have done NYC, MCM, etc. with our plan). Everyone receives a proven individual training plan based on your race time goals to help you achieve your desired finish time. Of course we also welcome first timers who goal is to simply finish their first full or half marathon, as well as those that just want to run for the fun too.
RACE TEAM RVA – MARATHON CLINICS
This Signup is to register for the Race Team RVA (marathon programs). Information below on the 2 Programs (half or full) to choose from:
- First time marathons (half and full) – If you are new to running marathons, don’t worry. We will help your determine your goal and help you reach it! Your primary focus is to finish your first race, after that, we’ll set the bar higher so you achieve a faster time and a new personal record.
- Most of our Experienced marathoners –
- Half marathoners: expect to finish 1.5 to 3 hours
- Full marathoners: expect to finish 3 to 5:30 hours
- Advanced marathoners – Sub 1.5 (half) or 3 (full)
- Both programs will provide:
- Experienced coaches to guide you through the program. Most coaches are CPR certified
- Organized group runs on Saturdays
- Organized weekday group runs throughout Richmond (Locations TBD)
- Optional core workout training (on the west end of Richmond)
- Marathon Teams organized by levels: First timer and Experienced runners
- Performance training to improve speed (great for those looking to improve times)
- Team Discounts at Lucky Road Running Store
JOIN our TEAM today and become part of a running club that trains with a purpose! This program will help you train for:
- Full or half marathons in the Fall of 2017 (training aligns to the Richmond marathons),
- Or simply to train to stay in shape.
Our primary objective is to help you improve your performance while avoiding injuries. From experience, we know that training with a group helps to motivate, inspire, and drive performance. But having prescribed goals for each run or workout, gives you an additional tool to manage your training. We teach and lead core sessions (optional) to help you reach your maximum potential as a runner. We also offer mid-week speed workouts as part of the program. Running is a great exercise, but running with a purpose helps you to focus on your target so you increase your chance of reaching your race goal.
…and if you sign-up for the core sessions of our training, you will workout with some of the top certified trainers in Richmond who know how to get you in the best shape possible, not only to run stronger, but in your overall fitness.
Requirements for the full marathon program:
- Must be able to run 3 miles comfortably by June 3
- First group run will be a 3 mile run.
- Must be at least 18 years to complete full marathon (or have permission from your parent to train)
- Must be able to complete full marathon in 6 hours
- Must be able to complete the half marathon in 3 hours 15 minutes
- Improve your performance while avoiding injuries
- Group training, led by Certified coaches, many who are also Doctors of Physical therapy, to help motivate, inspire, and drive performance
- Prescribed goals for each run or workout, giving you an additional tool to manage your training
- Optional core sessions lead by some of the top certified trainers in Richmond to help you reach your maximum potential as a runner and improve overall fitness
- Mid-week speed workouts are also offered as part of the program
Locations will vary from west end, mid-west end area and downtown so that we enjoy the many roads that Richmond has to offer. The first run on June 3 will be held at the 1601 Willow Lawn Dr #838, Richmond, VA 23230.
Start Date: Saturday, June 3, 2017 @ 7:15 am for both full and half marathon. First meeting at 1601 Willow Lawn Dr #838, Richmond, VA 23230
All long runs are held on Saturday at 7:00 am (starting June 10), unless inclement weather causes us to move the runs to Sunday. The team will vote on the best time to start but we prefer to run as early as agreed to avoid as much of the heat in Richmond as possible.
Core Fitness workouts (Optional): Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm (workouts held outside at a location in the Short Pump area). Try our core workouts where we focus on building muscle that are critical to maintaining good running economies and limit injuries. Past participants attribute this part of our program to their success.
Results: In our survey, over 96% of our participants met or exceeded their race goals when adding the core option to their training.
Registration after March 31
- Full: $70.00 for Runs Only
- Half: $60.00 for Runs Only
- Full with Core: $400.00 or $80.00 per month (June through November)
- Half with Core: $400.00 or $80.00 per month (June through November)
REGISTER today at: Register Now
Refund Policy – If you change your mind about participating in our programs, we are happy to honor your decision as long as the refund request is made before May 31, 2017. To request a refund, please submit your request in writing to Dan Blankenship at: email@example.com A check will be processed once the refund has been accepted and approved.
For more information, please contact Coach Dan Blankenship, USATF Certified Level I & Level II Running Coach, at firstname.lastname@example.org