Winter Training Teams 2020
Registration Now Open
Please note: Registration for Race Team RVA training does not include race entry. You must register separately for your desired race.
Winter Training Programs 2020
3 Training Programs:
- 17.75k Training – 16 week program (Dec 7 – Mar 28) training for the Marine Corp 17.75k (11.03 miles) race on March 28, 2020
- Half Marathon Training – 23 week program (Dec 7 – May 17) training for the Marine Corp Historic Half Marathon on May 17, 2020 (includes 17.75k training)
- Just Run Maintenance – 23 week program (Dec 7 – May 17) is designed for those not running a race but wanting to run with the team to stay in shape over the winter.
- Saturday from Short Pump Park
- Saturday from Woodlake Swim & Racquet Club
- Sunday from Lucky Road Running Store at 1601 Willow Lawn
Road Running program Registration: https://runsignup.com/Race/VA/Richmond/WinterTrainingProgram
- 17.75k: $35
- Half Marathon $55 (includes the 17.75k program)
- Just Run: $25
Discounts for over 60 years old.
Requirements for these training programs: Must be able to run 2 miles by Dec 7.
Must be at least 18 years old to participate, or 15 with a parent’s approval.
Note: As a member of any of our teams, you can run both Saturday and Sunday at any of our locations. For example, you may want to run one day hard and the other day as an easy recovery run.
Ultra Trail Running:
NEW! This is a Saturday AND Sunday Group Run program. Saturday locations and distances will vary depending on the park or trail we are running that weekend – locations will be in and around the Richmond area. Sunday location runs will be tempo runs (usually 5 to 6 miles) from Lucky Road Running Store at Willow Lawn. Saturday start times will vary depending on the location but will be close to 7:15 – 8am and all Sunday runs start at 7:15am. Requirement: You must be conditioned to run 14 miles on December 7. Prefer that you have experience running a half or full marathon. We will run several 20 miles trail runs during this program. Trail runs will be designed in multiple loops to give you an opportunity to refill / refresh before taking on the next loop.
Ultra Trail Running program Registration: https://runsignup.com/Race/VA/Richmond/2020WinterUltraTrainingProgram
This program will prepare you for any spring Ultra Trail Race you choose, whether your first or 100th Ultra.
Discounts for over 60 years old.
Requirements for the Ultra: Must be able to run 14 miles by Dec 7 start date.
Must be at least 18 years old to participate.
Note: As an athlete in the Ultra program, you will be running both Saturday & Sunday with the team.
Please note: Registration for the Race Team RVA training program does not include your race entry. You must register separately for your desired race.
What does Race Team RVA offer?
- Experienced coaches many of whom are CPR Certified
- Performance training for those looking to increase performance
- Organized group runs on Saturday or Sunday with Water/SAG support
- Periodic mid-week speed workouts (West End & Southside)
- Individual training plans based on your predicted finish time
- Team socials
- Team Discounts at Lucky Road Running Store
- Technical Race Shirt
- Option to participate in other Fitness Core/Strength programs (Additional Fees charged through our partners)
Refund Policy – If you change your mind about participating in our programs, we are happy to honor your decision as long as the refund request is made before Dec 31, 2019. To request a refund, please submit your request in writing to Dan Blankenship, firstname.lastname@example.org. A check will be processed once the refund has been accepted and approved.