Summer Training Teams 2020
Registration Now Open
Please note: Registration for Race Team RVA training does not include race entry. You must register separately for your desired race.
Summer Training Program
3 Training Programs:
- Full Marathon Training – 22 week program (June 13 – Nov 14) training for the Charlottesville Area Trail (CAT) Marathon on October 24, Marine Corp Marathon on October 25, and Richmond Marathon on November 14, 2020
- Half Marathon Training – 22 week program (June 13 – Nov 14) training for the Patrick Henry Half Marathon on August 22, Charlottesville Area Trail (CAT) Half Marathon on October 24 & the Richmond Half Marathon on November 14, 2020
- Just Run Maintenance – 22 week program (June 13 – Nov 14) is designed for those not running a race but wanting to run with the team to stay in shape over the Summer/Fall – can join this program at any time during the 22 week training period.
- Saturday from Lucky Road Running Store at 1601 Willow Lawn, Richmond, VA
- Saturday from Woodlake Swim & Racquet Club at 5000 Woodlake Village Pkwy, Midlothian, VA
- Saturday from Short Pump Park at 3329 Pump Rd, Henrico, VA
- Saturday Trail runs every other weekend, from various locations TBD in & around the Richmond surrounding area
- Sunday from Lucky Road Running Store at 1601 Willow Lawn, Richmond, VA
- Sunday from Rutland Commons Shopping Center in Mechanicsville, VA
Road Running program Registration: https://runsignup.com/Race/VA/Richmond/SummerTrainingProgram
- Full Marathon $70 (June 13 – Nov 14)
- Half Marathon $60 (June 13 – Nov 14)
- Half Marathon $50 (August 22 – Nov 14)
- Just Run: $40
Discounts for over 60 years old. Discounts for over High School Students and Full Time College Students (email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information).
Requirements for these training programs:
Full – Must be able to run 5 miles by June 13. Must be at least 18 years old to participate
Half – Must be able to run 3 miles by June 13 or August 22. Must be 14 years old with a parent’s approval.
Note: As a member of any of our teams, you can run both Saturday and Sunday at any of our locations. For example, you may want to run one day hard and the other day as an easy recovery run.
Trail Running Program (NEW):
This year we are offering a Trail program to train for a half or full marathon trail. This is an optional program where athletes can train on trails every other weekend. This program will align to the Charlottesville Area Trail Run on Saturday, October 24, 2020. Saturday runs will alternate every other weekend between road training runs with the team and trail runs, with the group that desires to run trails. Trail locations and distances will vary depending on the trails we are running that weekend – locations will be in and around the Richmond area. Alternate road runs will be from either the Woodlake or Willow lawn area with the rest of the road running teams.
Can you decide on trail training after you register? Yes. We believe running trails helps prepare you for road races and you can switch between programs as you the schedule fits your needs.
Please note: Registration for the Race Team RVA training program does not include your race entry. You must register separately for your desired race.
What does Race Team RVA offer?
- Experienced coaches many of whom are CPR Certified
- Performance training for those looking to increase performance
- Coach’s Talks geared to help you during your training
- Organized group runs on Saturday or Sunday with Water/SAG support
- Discounts for Fire/EMS/Police (email us for more information at email@example.com)
- Periodic mid-week speed workouts (West End & Southside)
- Individual training plans based on your predicted finish time
- Team socials
- Technical Race Shirt
- Option to participate in other Fitness Core/Strength programs (Additional Fees charged through our partners)
Refund Policy – If you change your mind about participating in our programs, we are happy to honor your decision as long as the refund request is made before July 15, 2020. (for June 13 starts) and August 15 (for August 22 starts). To request a refund, please submit your request in writing to Dan Blankenship, firstname.lastname@example.org. A check will be processed once the refund has been accepted and approved.
For more information on our training programs, email us at: email@example.com