The following advisements and expectations will be routinely communicated to participants for all group runs but as a participant, it is your responsibility to know what is expected during group runs:
- Do not participate if you are feeling sick or ill, and or have a fever, or if you have been in contact with someone unrecovered from COVID-19.
- Persons from high risk groups for COVID-19 complications should consult their physician before participating.
- Do not engage in traditional forms of physical contact (hand shakes, high-fives, hugs, partner stretching, etc.).
- Do not engage in close group pictures/selfies. Always maintain social distance guidelines.
- Don’t spit or “nose rocket” your nose in public – bring along tissues or a small towel or a hanky if you need to get rid of some snot during your run/walk. If you must spit, do so away from people and areas that will have foot traffic.
- Do not share personal items, such as hydration, energy gels, towels, etc.
- Participants are encouraged to wear a face covering. Masks or face covers should be required anytime persons cannot maintain social distance, or if local guidelines require. Face masks should be worn during pre and post run activities.
- Participants should self carry personal hydration (bottles/packs), and use hydration stations or fountains for refill only.
- Participants whose actions do not meet expectations, and or are creating risk for themselves or others, should be required to exit the group temporarily or permanently.
- Race Team RVA Running Club follows guidelines issued by the CDC and by the Governor of Virginia. These guidelines may change from time to time and it is your responsibility to stay informed as conditions change.
- Remember the 3Ws: 1) Wear a mask during pre and post activities, 2) Wait at least 6 feet from others, 3) Wash your hands after the run.
Knowing these expectations will help us maintain a healthy and safe environment for all our runners.